Whey Protein Concentrate & It’s Benefits

What Is Whey Protein?

Much of the protein found in protein bars, drinks and powders is derived from milk. When milk is processed to form cheese, the remaining liquid is called whey. This liquid contains the fast-digesting proteins commonly referred to as whey protein. Before processing, about 20% of the protein in milk is whey. The other 80% is made up of the slower-digesting casein proteins.

What is Whey Protein Concentrate?

When the liquid whey is collected as a byproduct of cheese production, it undergoes several processing steps. This is done to increase its protein content. After a sufficient protein concentration is achieved, the liquid can be dried to form whey concentrate powder that consists of up to 80% protein by weight. The remaining 20% of the whey concentrate powder contains carbohydrates and fats. Whey concentrate is mostly protein with minimal fats and carbs. It’s special because of its host of precious bio active compounds. These compounds are what give whey its immune-boosting and antioxidant benefits. 

Benefits Of Whey Protein Concentrate

Improves body composition: Whey Protein can improve muscle growth, healing, recovery, and muscle mass size when complemented with regular intense training and a proper diet.

Boosts the immune system: Whey Protein Supplements include glutathione which has unmatched antioxidant and immunity properties. Glutathione significantly elevates the integrity of telomeres (DNA-protein structures). Each chromosome in the human body contains these, and their presence aids to slow down the aging process.  

Boosts Metabolism: Several studies have demonstrated that Whey Protein Supplementation is an exceptional way to boost metabolism. This impact, known as thermogenesis, is much more pronounced for protein than for carbohydrates or fat. Not only that, but whey protein has better thermogenic effects than most other types of protein and is marked by greater fat-oxidation properties.

Strengthens muscles and bones: Whey Protein is globally renowned for its strengthening and repairing of muscles. Muscle degradation is frequently observed as a result of the body’s energy reserves being exhausted by everyday activities and workout routines. Whey protein, which is a great source of protein, aids in muscle growth and repair.

Dosage Timing

Taking Whey Protein In The Morning: Overnight, the body’s glycogen reserves deplete, forcing it to use its amino acid reserves to fuel metabolic functions. The muscle enters a catabolic (or breakdown) state as a result of this. Whey protein is a fast-digesting protein that is perfect for when you wake up. It quickly delivers amino acids to your muscles and counteracts muscle breakdown.
Taking Whey Protein Pre-Workout: A whey protein shake pre-workout is integral to creating a positive nitrogen balance in the body. This is necessary to stimulate protein synthesis and increase muscle mass. Protein is the building block of new muscle growth. According to research, taking whey protein “immediately before resistance exercise” increases protein synthesis.

Taking Whey Protein Post Workout: Perhaps the most important time for athletes to take whey protein is immediately post-workout. This is due to the fact that you have just put your muscles under a great deal of stress and they now need nourishment for recovery and regrowth. A fast-acting protein source such as whey protein is the perfect choice.
Taking Whey Protein Before Bed: Overnight some people will go several hours without food. When your muscles don’t get enough nutrition, they could have to use their stockpiles of amino acids to fuel their metabolic activities. Drinking a casein shake before bed, you will be providing your muscles with a much slower, more constant supply of protein which reduces the amount of time that your muscles go without nutrients whilst you sleep. By providing the body with food in this way, it can avoid muscle breakdown and ensure that nutrients are available during the overnight fast.

How Much Whey Protein To Consume Per Day?

For the typical healthy person is 0.8 grams of protein per kilogram body weight. However, people that are active and/or working to create muscle often need more protein about 1.2 to 2 grams of protein per kilogram of their body weight. Eating lean meats, eggs, and fish, which are high in protein, may help you reach your protein objectives, but doing so will be challenging if you have high protein requirements. Taking a scoop of whey protein may be convenient and straightforward using it as a supplement to reach the daily protein goal.


Depending on their unique goals and age, people must take different amounts of whey protein each day. It also varies based on gender to some extent. Men have more muscular mass than women because men have larger quantities of the hormone testosterone. Men need more protein than women do because protein consumption and muscle mass are closely correlated.

Paradise Nutrition Inc.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *